Now that the pandemic crisis has eased, businesses are slowly returning to office setups. But since circumstances remain vulnerable to a rise in Covid-19 cases at any time, offices are required to maintain minimum health standards, as set by the World Health Organisation. Here are some requirements companies must adhere to:
- Surfaces should be wiped with disinfectant regularly.
- Promote regular and thorough hand-washing by employees, contractors and customers. You can provide signages and disinfectants around the workplace to remind people of this.
- Promote good respiratory hygiene by ensuring that surgical face masks, tissues and closed garbage bins are available at the workplace for people who develop colds or cough at work.
- Advise employees and contractors to consult national travel advice before going on business trips.
- Advise those with even a mild cough or low-grade fever to stay at home. Brief your employees, contractors and customers that if coronavirus starts spreading in your community, those with a mild cough or fever will need to stay home.
- Advise your employees that they must comply with any local restrictions on travel, movement or large gatherings.
- Promote regular teleworking in your organisation. Teleworking will help keep your business operating while ensuring your employees’ safety, even if an outbreak of Covid19 occurs.
These are simple and general guidelines that any office, no matter where it is located in the world, should adhere to for the safety of all in further preventing any more virus spread. As we all know, the pandemic has been detrimental to every business in every industry worldwide, and measures to avoid this same situation must be taken proactively.
For Philippine offices, the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) have issued a joint memorandum circular called “Supplemental Guidelines on Workplace Prevention and Control of COVID-19” to address workplace health & safety standards. These guidelines may be found on the legal advisory websites such as the Center for Disease and Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html
If you are a local or foreign business hoping to start operations or outsource in the Philippines, get in touch with us at Ezy Outsourcing Hub. With years of service experience in BPO office space leasing solutions and serviced office leasing in the Philippines, we can help you find the best spaces in the country’s prime business locations for setting up office. More importantly, we know where to find you sanitized spaces that strictly adhere to international and local health guidelines for the safety of your organization. For inquiries about an office space or seat leasing, contact Ezy Outsourcing Hub